Mold growth inside a living space can lead to several problems, the most pressing of which include health problems like asthma, wheezing, allergic attacks, and respiratory problems. In order to keep the living space free of abnormal levels of mold growth, it is necessary to carry out a mold inspection company from time to time.
The best times to undertake an inspection are:
- Following any leakage or drainage problems
- Buying or selling a house
- Smell or visible signs of mold
A good many people depend on visible signs of mold growth before undertaking eradication. However, mold growth in warm, moist areas can be vicious. Stubborn growth is hard to remove. Therefore, early detection and immediate eradication are important in case of old-growth.
Several companies offer mold inspection services. However, to get the best returns from the money you are investing, it is necessary to choose the mold inspection company with care. The following points may be used as guidelines:
- Choose a customer-centric company that focuses on the unique and individual needs of the clients
- Some companies offer both inspection and remedial services. However, it may be more prudent to choose someone who concentrates on inspection alone as the two services have a conflict of interest. If you want an honest evaluation report, it is best to avail of the services of someone who has nothing to gain from a positive report.
- Choose a company that makes use of the latest know-how like microbiological testing, air testing, moisture testing, HVAC reports, leak inspection and so on.
- The right service provider would be accredited and licensed with a large amount of expertise in the field of mold detection. They must have carried out inspection in different kinds of environment including commercial, education, recreational and home environments. In such cases, the service provider has the ability to understand the unique needs of the particular customer and deliver quality service. Professional engineers, industrial hygienists and environment specialists are best equipped to assess mold damage and suggest preventive measures. The service provider must have this kind of expertise.
- The service provider must be aware of the health hazards associated with their job and must take sufficient note of personnel protection and other safety issues associated with mold inspection.
- The company should provide readable reports that are easy to understand and comprehensive, with the necessary bits of information. Reports that contain pictures, relative humidity readings, moisture content readings and so on are very helpful. These must also include the conclusion and recommendations of the service provider.